Find funny pet names for fish and any creature that dwells in your aquarium.
Do you have an aquarium full of Goldfish, Angelfish, Mollies, Guppies, Catfish, Loaches or some other type of tropical or saltwater fish?
Many people choose to have fish as pets without ever really giving them names, but other people think differently.
Many people consider their aquatic pals as members of their family - almost like a dog or cat (but maybe not quite). After all, you can't pet a fish.
But they still consider them worthy of names. Maybe you're in this category of pet owners. If so, here are some ideas to get you started in the naming process.
Great Fish or Ocean Related Movie Names
- Jaws - Would be a funny name for a small fish like a guppy (the exact opposite). As well as a good name for a large Oscar.
- Orca - The movie with the killer whale
- Moby Dick - The book about the big whale
- Ahab - The Captain from the Moby Dick Story
- Willy - from the Free Willy Movies about the big whale
More Fish Name Ideas - some comical, some topical and some silly:
- Harry - How many fish do you know that have hair?
- Monkey - For the acrobatic swimmer.
- Obama - United States President.
- Barney - The popular purple dinosaur on television
- Elmo - The red furry character on television
- Grover - Blue furry kid's character on television
- Beyonce - Famous singer and performer
- Casper - The friendly cartoon ghost
- Elvis - The late, great, king of rock ‘n roll
- Larry, Moe or Curly - The three stooges comedy troupe
- Bob - A good basic name
- Geronimo - Famous American Indian Chief
- Dog - The street-wise fish
- Manny - A famous American baseball player who marches to the beat of his own drummer.
- Tex - A cowboy.
- Romeo and Juliet - Tragic Shakespearean couple
- Turkey - A good name for the pet you get around the holidays?
- Gloria - A pretty female name.
- Dorothy - Elmo's pet Goldfish.
- Paprika - Spicy.
- Tapioca - A type of pudding.
- Snake - A great name for a loach or eel.
- Muriel - Irish name that means “bright sea.”
- Ariel - The princess in Disney's the Little Mermaid movie.
- Pearl - The fruit of an oyster.
- Cleopatra or Cleo - Famous ruler of Egypt
- Spider - A good name for a crab or ghost shrimp.
If you don't like any of these pet fish name suggestions, hopefully they have at least gotten your creative juices flowing.
I am sure that whatever name you choose will be just fine with your underwater friends. Just between you and me, they probably won't know the difference if you name them or not.
But it makes pet keeping a whole lot more fun when they have names. No matter what type of animal you take care of.